Blackjack is a game, which you can win if you have a right strategy to beat it. Doesn’t like other casino games that depend solely on chance, blackjack is a game that involves skills. If you have mastered the skills, your chances to beat the game will increase tremendously. If you hope to make consistent winnings, following the 6 tips explained in this article will increase your winning opportunities to win at Blackjack.
1. Understanding the basic strategy is your first step to win at Blackjack. Although most casinos have similar rule of playing, you have to find out the rules for the dealer on the table you wish to play. Most tables require dealer to hit if his hand has a total of 16 or below and stand with anything 17 or above.
2. The rule of thumb, you should always hit when the total of 2 cards in your hand is 9 or below. And, you should stand if the total of 2 cards is a hard 17 or higher. When you get two aces (ace can be count as an 11 or a 1) or a 10 and 7, you have a hard 17, which you should stand if follows the basic of blackjack strategy.
3. If the dealer up-card is 6 or smaller and you have a total of 12 to 16, it will be better to stand than hit because very high chances the dealer will have 16 or below and he musts hit. If the dealer’s up-card is 7 or higher, dealer may have a 10 as his face card, so if you stand at 12 to 16, most probably you will lose. Therefore, the best idea is to hit in this situation.
4. If have a total of 10 and the dealer’s up-card shows below 10, then you could increase the winning by double your bet. Otherwise, you should choose to hit without doubling your bet if the dealer’s up-card is a 10 because the dealer might have a 10 as his face card, making a total of 20. So, you should not double up your bet as you might lose if the third and/or fourth forces you to stand below 20.
5. Know how to play soft-hands smartly. If you have a soft 17 or lower, you should hit, else you should stand whenever you have a soft 18 or higher. Additionally, you can maximize your winning by doubling your bet whenever you have a soft 13 and you see the dealer’s up-card shows a 5 or a 6.
6. Although you can choose to split pairs and play them as two separate hands, there is a strategy to be followed if you want to maximize your winning opportunity. You should always split aces and 8s, regardless of the dealer’s up-card. And, never split pairs of 4s, 5s or 10s because the action may cause you to stand below 18.
You can increase your chance of winning at Blackjack tremendously if you know how to apply a right strategy when playing the game. The above 6 tips are the basic Blackjack strategy that helps you to stay at the best chance of winning.